Unique Marketing Tidbits You Need To Know
Times are changing – and this includes market trend. Experts say it is important to keep up with the trend to be able to generate leads in the most efficient and effective way possible. B2B or business-to-business prospecting, from sales prospecting, is the process of reaching out to prospects or potential customers in the hopes of finding new business in B2B.
Prospecting precedes follow-up communication, lead qualification, and sales activity. It is the most important aspect in the entire process – for the very reason that, if there are no leads, no further step can follow.
On the other hand, here are fun and wholesome B2B tidbits you need to know:
Marketing has 30% more influence than sales in the buying decision according to LinkedIn.
In a recent report published by LinkedIn, it states that “buyers thirst for knowledge: ‘subject matter expert’ and ‘provides valuable consulting, education, and tools’ rank high in what buyers want from vendors”. Moreover in the same report it shows that, “based on industry, 3.1 to 4.6 additional groups such as IT, finance and HR, inside a company influence the purchase process, which means that marketers and salespeople must educate more than the primary decision maker”.
If you follow up with web leads within 5 minutes, you’re 9 times more likely to convert them.
That is according to InsideSales.com. It pays to provide quality customer service. Moreover, in a recent update, it shows that great customer experience is a determinant in marketing success. With the new era in the digital world, more and more consumers are able to air out their sentiments and narrate their experience with a particular product or service. Moreover, according to CMS Wire, “68% of business owners believe outside reviews, done by another person or someone not related to the company, are the most important indicator of whether or not they can trust a new B2B vendor’.
Customers are 5.2 times likely to purchase from companies with great customer experience according to Kapost.
Customer experience is king in all aspects of marketing. Providing great customer experience produces positive word of mouth – this would also mean positive reviews in websites and social media platforms, and in any other medium there is. Moreover, here are more unique tidbits that relate to marketing:
• “Brits 63% more likely to open emails with an emoji in the subject line” according to MailJet.
• “Email marketing has 2x higher ROI than cold calling, networking or trade shows” according to Marketing Sherpa
• “The best time to email prospects are 8:00 am and 3:00 pm” according to GetResponse.
• “The best time to cold call is 4:00 – 5:00 pm. The second best time is 8:00 – 10:00 am. The worst times are 11:00 am and 2:00 pm” according to InsideSales.com and Kellogg School of Business
• “Thursday is the best day to prospect. Wednesday is the second best day. Tuesday is the worst day” according to InsideSales.com
• “Top Sellers use LinkedIn 6 hours per week” according to Jill Konrath
• “In 2007 it took an average of 3.68 cold call attempts to reach a prospect. Today it takes 8 attempts” according to TeleNet and Ovation Sales Group
• “In a typical firm with 100-500 employees, an average of 7 people are involved in most buying decisions” according to Gartner Group
• “Nurtured leads made 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads” according to The Annuitas Group
• “80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls after the meeting. 44% of salespeople give up after 1 follow-up” according to The Marketing Donut
• “91% of customers say they’d give referrals. Only 11% of salespeople ask for referrals” according to Dale Carnegie